Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Abbijo: Sarah Jessica Parker not Carrie Bradshaw

You may or may not be aware that Sarah Jessica Parker has finally released the full contents of her début shoe collection. I thought I would share a few of my favourites from the collection and my thoughts about it.

So I am not particularly enamoured with the collection as a whole, which you can view on the Vogue website, but as a début collection I guess it cannot have shoes that are really artistic and for the fashion forward type of people; yet being SJP I think that is what I expected of the collection I usually think she is immaculately dressed and this comes out in her shoes as well. So I guess I was expecting some truly fabulous and slightly architectural designs whereas instead there are some classic designs such as a staple pair of black Mary Janes and a safe nude or black court shoe.

This isn't to say I don't like the collection, it's just really not what I had anticipated coming from her, there are indeed some beautiful shoes that she has produced and I am sure it the collection will be a sell out (helped by the SJP label).


These are my favourites from the collection but there are over 40 pairs and I could only pick out these 5 as ones that I really liked. I guess the moral of the story is that Sarah Jessica Parker is not Carrie Bradshaw and not to get the two confused. 

It is exciting to see what SJP will do next and I hope her shoe collection is loved by others but most importantly that she is happy with it.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment