Thursday, 10 October 2013

Abbijo: Karma

Well if you have been reading my blog you will know that I have been having trouble with abscesses and all that jazz. If you haven't read previous entries about this GO BACK AND FIND THEM!

Now a situation which I was in denial about getting worse did get worse... Picture if you will a large abscess, gross I know, and it being in the under arm area, my job is working behind a bar, you need both hands to pull a pint, this hurts. I was working that night with someone who is supposes to be my close friend and she basically raised a question of whether I should be allowed to work to the manager. Behind my back. Without coming to me. Because it was taken forward in this manner it had to be dealt with and so emails were sent to health services and I was told a couple of days later I was not allowed to work, even though I had already cleared it all with my doctor.
This meant I missed out on a shift in the bar on the Saturday I was told I couldn't work, whereas if they had come to me earlier, say the Friday, I would have been able to get the note from my doctor saying that of course you can work even if it is MRSA!

I was extremely upset when I found out about all of this because not only was there a complete lack of communication from anyone to me personally to even check what was wrong with me, someone who I considered a friend went behind my back and brought this all about and didn't even apologise. Plus my dad saw how upset I was about it because he was visiting at the time I found out, when I'm upset naturally it upsets parents so to have the effect him too makes it even worse.

I was not going to take it though so the next day after I was done with all my crying I visited two of my lawyer friends, one has finished his degree from Exeter University and the other is a third year here in Bristol. They were both amazing and told me they would be able to get me money based on a number of laws that had been broken in stopping me working, I won't bore you with the details but if you want to know feel free to email me. We took everything we needed into a meeting and I didn't even have to ask for the money I missed on my shift, after explaining that a doctor has said that I can work in the past they told me I would be reimbursed for the money that I had missed on my shift, they also said that I would be getting money for at least one shift this week even if I did not end up working one and that all I needed was a doctors note.

So on the Monday morning I got a same day appointment with the Student Health Clinic and I was seen by Dr Mobbs who is just amazing. She understood how upset I was and said she would sign me off to work straight away. But greater then that she was willing to have more tests run on me. Which basically means that next Monday I am going back to undergo a certain amount of tests and then hopefully we will have a better clue as to what is wrong with me.

Moral of the story, don't mess with me because it would appear I get money without having to work (which was very kind of them, even though they had to) and what is hopefully the beginning to the end of my illness. Plus it means I will cut you out of my life, and that is not a good place to be in.

This is karma
xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment