Monday, 29 July 2013

Abbijo: Adaptation is everything

When my sister and I were younger she had a moment of wisdom that has stuck with me ever since and is one that I will pass on to as many people as possible. She told me never to overuse the same make-up otherwise you will become stuck in a make-up rut and will find it hard to look extra nice. I was scared I would look the same for a night out as I would for school so I decided to develop as many make-up looks as I possible could. So tonight I thought I would show you a couple of the looks I love.

Look 1:
Black and silver smoky eyes with a natural lip is honestly one of my most favourite looks for a special occasion and it is what I wear most often on a night out. It goes with all hairstyles and really emphasises your eyes (obviously). There is something really sexy to me about smoky eyes, done correctly they practically smoulder. Something that is great about this kind of make-up is that it can be adapted to every eye shape, whereas some eye-liner effects are hard to create on different eye shapes.
Eyebrows are really under the microscope at the moment with the likes of Lilly Collins and Cara Delevingne making full and thick eyebrows so popular. You can colour match your eyebrows to an eye-shadow and make them look more full if your brows are a bit sparse, or if you fell for the craze of thin eyebrows and now your eyebrows won't grow properly due to over-plucking.
If you want to mix the look up a bit try adding a bright fun colour in to the eye make-up. This can help to make your eyes pop and really make you stand out from the crowd.



Look 2:
This was my prom night look from when I finished High School and I would not change it it now two years on. it is the kind of look that is obvious that you are wearing make-up and yet still manages to look effortless and natural.
I use a very light blusher and bronzer for contouring and highlighting. A little eye-shadow and eye-liner and lashings of mascara (you can use lash inserts but I would steer clear of most false eyelashes as the are difficult to make look natural).
I used a natural lipstick colour with a bit of a coral pigmentation in it just to add some colour to my face.










Look 3:
Sometimes I prefer to emphasise my lips and not my eyes, although this is a rare occasion because my eyes are a brilliant shape and colour for playing around with. However when I go on a night with my girlfriends for cocktails I like to do a much more natural look and just use a bold colour on my lips.
therefore I make my face look entirely natural and only use mascara on my eyes.
Red does not work on everyone so finding bright colours that really work on your lips is a key in good make-up. Bright pink is a lovely colour for the summer.
If you are going to emphasise your lips and not eyes try not to make too much of your eyebrows, don't make them look too sculptured and groomed.




Look 4:


My sister (left) is so beautiful and has really mastered the 'natural look' as you can see I have yet to manage to get this a amazingly as she does, my sister's face glows and her eyes are stunning. I watch her and marvel at how she only uses bronzer, concealer, mascara and a hint of eye-liner to create this look. My skin is not good enough to not use a full coverage foundation and I frame my eyes too much with mascara. But one day I am sure I will have the confidence to be confident in my skin and hopefully be as radiant as my sister.

All of these looks are achieved fairly easily without many products. I would say the essential thing for every make-up look would be an amazing mascara, an eye-liner that works for you and either a foundation or concealer, depending on how immaculate your skin is.
The products I use for this are
Mascara: Yves Saint Laurent False Lash Effect
Eye-liner: Bobbi Brown Gel Liner 
Foundation: Benefit Hello Flawless 

No comments:

Post a Comment